I spent this weekend on my silk Georgiana shoes from American Duchess. I decided I wanted them to look like this pair that is found a few different places on the web and are rumored to be dated around 1720-ish.
I dyed them using iDye for natural fabrics (two parts 422 Chartreuse and one part 421 Kelly Green) from Dharma Trading Co and sealed with iDye fixative. Then I painted the design on with acrylic paints. The buckle is Dauphine, also from American Duchess. The dyeing part was easy, although it DID come out a bit blotchy. With all the painting you can hardly tell but I’m not sure i’d have been happy with the solo dye job.