I made this gown a couple years ago for a halloween costume and I think it might be my favorite project thus far. I figured it was time to document it!
I thought it would be fun to make an 18th century version of a costume instead of just an 18th century gown AS a costume. From this idea my Fuchsia Mantua was born and it was made to look like the fuchsia flower. I went a little more red and a little less pink because it seemed less jarring that way.
The matching mask is covered in cream linen and decorated with the fake flower petals you can get for weddings at places like Michaels. The stick is a 1/4 inch dowel stained with Minwax water based stains in Cherry Blossom.